Downloading the RSS Feed
Your members can use the power of RSS to keep up to date with a list of upcoming events when they subscribe (no fee) to the RSS feed using Outlook, a Web browser, or a favorite feed reader, such as Google Reader.
It works like other RSS feeds.
(Note: You may want to share the information below with your church members. Simply copy and paste it into an e-mail.)
We recommend using Chrome or Edge with an RSS Feed Extension added.
- Open your calendar (in Preview Mode).
- Click the RSS icon in the upper right corner of the calendar.
- A small pop-up window opens showing the number of days to display in the feed. The default is 7 days. Change the number if you prefer a different number of days.
- Click the “Get Feed” link.
- The RSS feed opens in another browser tab (or window), and displays a list of events for the number of days you specified.
- At the top of the screen is an option to subscribe to the calendar RSS feed. A drop-down menu lists the viewing applications available to you. (For example, Microsoft Outlook, Google, My Yahoo, etc. Application availability may vary.) Select an application.
- Click the “Subscribe Now” button.
NOTE: If you do not have an RSS Feed Extension add to your browser, you can copy the URL from this page and manually add the RSS feed to your application.
- You can now view the calendar RSS feed using the application you selected. (NOTE: Some applications may require additional steps. Follow that program’s onscreen instructions.)
To subscribe using more than one program, simply repeat the steps and choose a different application in Step 6.
For more information about RSS, follow the links below: