Printing Your Calendar
Looking to print your online calendar? Whether you post it on a bulletin board, distribute it in meetings, or keep it as a diary for notes, this article will help you navigate printing your calendar.
In this Article
- Print your calendar from the My Church Events website
- Printing Multiple Months at Once
- Print Private Events only
- Print Different Calendar Views
- Troubleshoot Common Printing issues
Printing from the My Church Events website
To print your online calendar, click the Print View link (printer icon) near the top of the page.
This will then open a new window in your web browser that shows the Print view of your calendar. To print, select File >> Print or right-click with your on the webpage and select Print.
If able in the browser, here are our recommended settings before printing:
- Set your margins to .5 on all four sides.
- Make sure the Header and Footer fields are blank.
- Select "Fit to page" or a % of page size so all of the calendar fits on one page.
- Verify that the layout setting says "Landscape."
- Verify the correct printer is selected and select the number of pages and copies you want to print.
Once you have the print settings as you like, simply select Print!
Currently, the calendar can only be printed to fit a standard letter-size page, although you may be able to adjust this under your printer settings if needed.
Printing Multiple Months at Once
If you would like to print out more than one month at the time, first select the date range you wish to print:
Once you have chosen your date range, follow the same steps as above by going to Print View and printing from there. Each month will automatically start on a new page.
Print Private Events
If you are logged in to view private events when you click the "Print View" button all of your private events will display and print on your calendar.
To ensure private events don't print on your calendar, click the green padlock icon in the upper-right part of the screen, and then click 'hide private events.' (It may say "Hide..." that includes the name you gave your private calendar. For example, our calendar says "Hide Office Calendar")
Print Different Calendar Views
You can print just an interest group's calendar events rather than printing all events.
- Open View Calendar
- Go to Interest Group drop-down menu
- Choose the calendar you would like to print
- Click on Print View link
- Follow instructions for printing above
Print a day, week, or month view of the calendar
You can view and print your calendar events in various time increments other than one month, one week and one day by using the "Event Viewer Plugin."
1. From the home page of the calendar, click on the 'event plug-in' link.
2. Set how many days out you wish to view (to view 6 weeks, set it to 42 days, for example). Also, select which interest group you want to display or set it to all interest groups.
3. Click the "Save and Preview button" and then the "go to step 2" button.
4. Select all the code that comes after src=" until the closing quote mark and copy it (Ctrl+C).
Here's an example of what the code that you're copying should look like: (this is our SAMPLE calendar)
5. Paste (Ctrl+V) the text you just copied into your internet browser's address bar and click enter.
6. Go to File >> Print and print the list!
Troubleshooting Common Printing Issues
Although every printer is a little different, here are some common printing issues and possible solutions. Please consult your printer's help for any issues with connectivity or formating.
Problem: The calendar always prints on 2 pages.
If your calendar has a lot of information it may take more than one page to print it all.
Here are some suggestions:
1. Create an interest group for printing the calendar (you may call it "Print Events" or something like that). Attach every event you want to appear on the printed calendar. You still won't be able to print every event, but you can filter out the ones that don't really need to be printed and can get your calendar to fit on one page.
2. Download the calendar to Word. Click here for help with this process. From Word, you can then edit your calendar.
3. Another suggestion is to choose the PORTRAIT Printable Version. Then make sure your printer's page set up is for 8-1/2" x 14" legal size paper
Problem: My images are not printing.
At this time, we purposely strip photos and images from the Print view to guarantee it can fit onto a single sheet of paper. If you'd like to include images, consider using our Export to Word feature and adding images in Word before printing.